Thursday, November 1, 2007

The disaster that is Vista


With the launch of OSX 10.5, I got to thinking about how Windows users were fairing with Vista as for the past couple of months I've been inquiring with Windows admins about Vista and their experiences with it.

I knew things weren't going well, but I'm kinda living under a rock when it comes to exposure to Vista news so I didn't have a handle on what was really going on.

Between all the trade shows and traveling, I have yet to come across ONE Windows admin who was running it on his personal machine (except Eric, who only did it for his new kick butt gaming machine and he's none to happy about it at all). And when it comes to enterprise deployment, everyone was not only NOT using it, they were openly verbally negative about the prospect of it and wanted nothing to do with it.

Since we're usually at network security shows, those admins were also openly negative about the monies spent on network and desktop security because of how insecure Windows is.

Vista has been how many years in the making and Microsoft spent HOW much money on it? come to think of it, what was the last major release that Microsoft had that folks were really happy with?

I have to shake my head and wonder how these folks can keep shelling out good money for such crappy software. It just boggles the mind.

It goes back to the image on this post that I sent to all my Windows friends on the launch day.

I think the "wow" refers to, "Wow, this Vista really sucks more than we thought it would!"

No comments: