Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Not something you see every day


I'm used to seeing odd aircraft at EAA's convention every summer in Oshkosh (OSH). However, when I randomly catch unique aircraft when I'm not expecting it, its a nice little treat.

Upon landing in Philly tonight, I was beat, tired and my contact lenses were giving me fits. I blinked twice to make sure I was seeing what I thought I was seeing - and sure enough, sitting out adjacent to the runway we just landed on was an Antonov 124 transport aircraft belonging to Volga-Dnepr Airlines.

My camera was out of battery juice and not that it would have mattered as there was really no way I could have gotten a shot anyway. The picture here is from Airliners.net. If you like planes, that website really rocks. Check it out.

No comments: