Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Holding off for a bit


A few emails asking if I've switched up to Leopard (OSX 10.5) yet. Nope. I don't usually jump on a new major release right away. I'd rather wait and let all the bugs get worked out before I venture into those waters. Don't get me wrong, I think Apple's releases are better than others by far, but I don't have time to deal with little nagging issues with my MacBook Pro. I know our engineers are looking forward to it - mostly for the integrated virtual desktops. (that is something that should have been in OSX since day one!)

On another front, the 24" iMac that I got for trade shows has LCD burn in! Hopefully running all white on the screen will reverse it. It SHOULD reverse it. (I hope). We're off to Las Vegas for Exchange Connections next week, so I hope its all fixed by then. We're up for an award at the show - wish us luck! (oh, and we're also up for an award from SC Magazine for Best Email Security Solution)

UPDATE - By "holding off" I mean I won't install until sometime around Thanksgiving.

No comments: