Monday, October 22, 2007

Its the content stupid!


I like Joost. I like the concept, the application and the way it works. They seem to have it all figured out in terms of slick interface, subscriptions to channels you like and the application works pretty well. There's only one more major obstacle standing in their way to taking the world by storm...

NO CONTENT.

Sure, they have some content, but their library of available videos isn't growing as fast as it needs to. (and the stuff they're adding is CRAP compared to what they SHOULD/COULD be adding ... amazingly lame)

If Joost can't fix this, and fix it soon, they'll be internet road kill. It's like Skype with nobody to talk to. Why bother?

2 comments:

Neil Mix said...

I'm almost certain it's about licensing, and I doubt it's getting fixed anytime soon.

And how ironic, Pandora faces licensing issues too...

Gee, is there a pattern here?

David said...

Follow the money my friend. Follow the money. ;-)