Monday, October 29, 2007

Living in a sandbox


I was emailing with a good friend this morning about my recent Maui trip and when she heard I was headed to Denver for the Monday Night Football game tonight, she asked, "Is that all you do is play?"

Fair question considering the context. Actually, I was looking forward to this week being a week without travel. I've got a busy week indeed with the closing and upcoming shows, but there's an opportunity to spend quality time with a new large customer and also visit our growing channel in the Denver area, so I'm jumping on it. Thankfully the Packers were able to snag me tickets at such a late notice!

Back to the email... To me, life IS play. My attitude towards all aspects of my life is that its just too short to go around with a frown on your face. I had this dream back when I was 16 or 17 that I was laying on my deathbed and lamenting about all the things I never got to do. I awoke that morning with an attitude towards living that's been with me since that day. Tomorrow could be your last day, so get living! No matter if I'm working on a new product, hammering on some spreadsheets or tearing it up on the water - get on it!

Guys who sit around talking and scheming about what they want to do, but never do it are completely useless to me. Stop talking and start doing.

(The shot of me on this post is the work of Erik Aeder. IMHO the best action sports photographer who made us all look good for the magazine.)

No comments: