Friday, October 12, 2007

Back to reality


Back on the mainland headed home today. While I had an awesome trip (when is Maui not awesome??) I'm excited to get back home. Next week has two shows on tap in Chicago and Denver. On top of that, I've got to select a new location for the businesses and get that whole project off and running on Monday.

I'd love to report that I'm well rested and ready to hit it hard, but I'm beat. Broke. Spent. Surfing, sailing and other dubious activities have taken their toll on me and I'm looking forward to laying low this weekend and letting my body heal.

In typical Maui fashion, I was just coming off the water at 5:15 pm and had to haul ass to get cleaned up and packed to make my 7:25 pm flight. It was a killer last session and it was great to get some of the new north swell before I left. I think I fell asleep before we even pulled away from the terminal.

I always seem to need a vacation from my vacation. And that's just about perfect. ;-)

As I write this its 35 degrees at home. Wind chill feels like 29. Now that's going to snap me back to reality. Doh!

No comments: