Sunday, February 10, 2008

Can't touch this


I recently got an iPod Touch - not that I needed another iPod, I wanted to mess around with it as a platform sans the cellular network connection that the iPhone has. With the forthcoming SDK (hold the jokes) from Apple, there's a lot of promise with these handheld computers, but you already knew I think that.

I had blogged about Navizon's locator back when I had my iPhone, and I was impressed with how well it worked. The first thing I did with the Touch when I got it was check out Google Maps ability to locate. Since its only a Touch, all it can work with is 802.11 networks and I have to admit I wasn't thinking it would do very well...

It freakin' nailed it. (see pic) I was actually amazed. Heck, I think I even smiled. ;-)

(that sure sucks for Navizon. Oh well.)

The more I play with it, the more I miss my iPhone. Yeah, I'll admit it. I miss it. Such a elegant device. That said, I don't miss AT&T's crappy slow data network and Mail is still a stinking mess....

...still, when the 3G iPhone comes out - I'm planning to jump on board and ditch the Treo.

I sure hope they figure out how to get cut and paste to work by then....

No comments: