Thursday, November 13, 2008

Lipstick?


I know, I know, the whole "lipstick on a pig" thing was abused during the election, but looking at this Dell laptop its the first thing that came to mind.

So, today's word is that Dell is betting that a little custom paint will make their laptops sell better.

I highly doubt it.

If you want to make your product sell better Michael, I suggest you do something to be remarkable. As Seth would say, you need to be a purple cow. Being that Dell is in the middle of the commoditized PC market, aside from some freaky hardware config, there's not much they can do. After all, regardless of what it looks like, its still a windows machine.

Dude! You're still getting a pig!

2 comments:

saweb said...

I used "Lipstick on a pig" back in April on my blog, so I guess great minds think alike. Although mine seems to be quiker. :)

If the office is looking for a laugh on a Friday (read: Heffner needs a non-smoking break) here's a vid:

http://tinyurl.com/5ojk3p

Unknown said...

Funny you posted this today. My wife and I were watching TV last night (gotta love Chef Ramsay) and the new Dell commercial came on with all their multicolored laptops. I turned to her and said, 'problem is, it still runs windows'