Tuesday, April 15, 2008
30 minutes of sweat
I'm headed to London this week, and while AT&T wrestles with the ability for my iPhone to work over there (more on that in the next post), I did a SIMunlock on my iPhone yesterday and POOF! I'd bricked it.
It was at that point that via Google I discovered that Independence wasn't the best tool to use, but alas, I was already down that road... I ended up using Pwnage to put a new (clean) 1.1.4 firmware back on the phone and once I restored from backup, I was back in action after about a half an hour of sweat. (note - hours after I fixed my iPhone, a new version of Pwnage was released)
I'd really like to use TMobile when I'm in Europe, and after talking to a guy at RSA last week it sounds like I'd like TMobile here in the U.S. as well.